Position Title: Staff Chaplain
Organization Name and City: Walker Methodist Health Center, Mpls & Walker Methodist Care Suites, Edina
Brief Position Description and How to Apply: Walker Methodist is a non-profit, Minnesota-owned provider of senior living and health care communities in the metropolitan Twin Cities. Services include skilled nursing care, post-acute care, memory loss care, adult day program, assisted living, housing with services, short-term rehabilitation, and the Walker Methodist Foundation. Walker Methodist has been serving seniors and their communities since 1945.
Walker Methodist is seeking an experienced Staff Chaplain to join our vibrant and dedicated spiritual care team. The Chaplain will provide pastoral care to residents, families and staff through worship, counseling, visitation, education, special programs and end of life care at Walker Methodist Health Center in Minneapolis and Walker Methodist Care Suites in Edina.
The Chaplain will preach Sunday mornings in a large chapel setting on a rotation schedule.
* Master of Divinity degree
* Ordination with a denomination
* Comfort in leading worship services, funerals, memorial services and small groups in a long-term care setting
* Experience in a health care setting
* Ability to live Walker Methodist’s Customer Service Principles
* Ability to embrace Walker Methodist’s Mission: Life. And all the living that goes with it. Enhancing the lives of older adults through a culture of care, respect and service.
* Ability to support Walker Methodist’s Vision: As the leading senior services provider, Walker Methodist offers the best place to live and work.
* Ability to model Walker Methodist’s Values: Respect. Imagination. Collaboration.
* Ecclesiastical endorsement for specialized ministry
* Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education
* Board Certification with the Association of Professional Chaplains
* Pastoral experience in a parish with functional experience of liturgy and the liturgical year
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
Part-time or Full-time: Full-time
Contact Person: Mary Luczak, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 11/2/17
Position Title: Solo Pastor and Head of Staff
Organization Name and City: First Presbyterian Church of Hudson, Wisconsin
Brief Position Description and How to Apply: First Presbyterian Church of Hudson Wisconsin is seeking a full-time Solo Pastor and Head of Staff.
Ordained Presbyterian and Formula of Agreement pastors (ELCA, RCA, and UCC) are encouraged to apply. Rostered ELCA clergy are qualified to apply for this position and must work with the synod office call process team if interested.
If interested you must view the complete Mission Information Form (MIF—Presbyterian lingo for job posting) at http://bit.ly/FPCHudson_MIF
You may contact the Interim/Transitional Pastor, Rev. Zach Wilson if you have questions and the time and ingenuity to call the church. Pastor Wilson will answer questions about the church to the best of his ability but will not advocate for your candidacy with the Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC). In the Presbyterian Church there is a firewall between the Interim Pastor and the PNC. Rev. Wilson will inform the PNC that you have contacted him but will share no information about your conversation so as not to impede the work of the Holy Spirit or the PNC.
Notes for non-Presbyterian leaders:
The standard resume in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is called a “Personal Information Form.” If you’re serious about applying it will aid the PNC (Pastor Nominating Committee) and the Presbytery of the Twin Cities if you complete a resume in the PIF format which you can download a pdf of here: bit.ly/PCUSA_PIF2016pdf The PNC will consider regardless of your completion of the PIF but the Presbytery of the Twin Cities Area will require you to complete it if you are offered the call. Here are some other resources to help you complete a PIF: bit.ly/PCUSA_PIFResources
Please Include a Statement of Faith with your PIF/Resume
You can look at the Presbyterian Church’s Book of Order here: bit.ly/PCUSA_BoO2017-19
Application Deadline: December 31, 2017
Part-time or Full-time: Full-time
Contact Person: Tom Moody, FPCHudsonPNC@gmail.com
Posted on 10/6/17
Position Title: Senior Pastor
Organization Name and City: St. Luke Presbyterian Church, Minnetonka
Brief Position Description and How to Apply: St. Luke Presbyterian Church in Minnetonka, MN is seeking a senior pastor. We are a joyful, inclusive and compassionate community on a spiritual journey seeking to do justice, make peace, to act mercifully and to walk humbly with God.
We are a church in the progressive wing of the Presbyterian Church USA. Our concepts of God are varied and we share a commitment to openness. We seek to be intellectually challenged and nurtured spiritually. We are a large theological tent for those on a quest for a deeper understanding of their faith. Some of us are more focused on seeking to understand Jesus, some of us believing in a transcendent God, and still others of us speak of meeting God in community or nature.
God’s love inspires us to seek to understand complex world problems and act to bring social justice to all. We believe we have an ambitious and rich vision for St Luke, one that requires energy, and creativity and risk-taking, but also focus and organization. We look to our head of staff to inspire us, encourage us to collaborate creatively together and be compassionate toward one another as we move into a new, different and exciting future.
Our ideal candidate would need to be personally excited about our vision.
They will be:
• passionate about social justice and developing our next generation of leaders
• excited about the opportunity for on-going exploration of creative approaches to worship, theology and spirituality
• compassionate, but also have a strong sense of self and able to model personal resilience and flexibility
• outgoing, socially engaging and with a relaxed interpersonal style
• join the St. Luke community in finding joy, love and the Divine in community, through enjoyment of the arts, study, laughter and conversation
• be a facilitator—someone who can help set strategy and vision, then help us pursue these through collaboration, interpersonal engagement and organizational agility, as well as the ability to help us bring areas of disagreement into the open and work through them with compassion and care
• challenge, inspire and motivate us, to be an agent of change through strong preaching and creative, entrepreneurial risk-taking
If you are interested in this position you will need to go through your Synod’s call process and the St. Luke’s website at www.stluke.mn/employment/
Application Deadline: October 31, 2017
Part-time or Full-time: Full-time
Contact Person: Garrett Winters, email@example.com, (952) 564-4865
Posted on 8/24/17