The purpose of the Book of Faith Initiative is to increase biblical literacy and fluency for the sake of the world.
The Book of Faith is an initiative of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The Book of Faith initiative invites the whole church to become more fluent in the first language of faith, the language of Scripture, in order that we might live into our calling as a people renewed, enlivened, empowered, and sent by the Word.
The Minneapolis Area Synod task force on Book of Faith has been working hard to aid congregations to help our people access the Scriptures so that lives can be inspired and we can grasp the great gift of grace provided for us in the person of Jesus.
- A Path into the Bible, Our Book of Faith – A resource for pastors as an introduction to the process
- Book of Faith Response sheets – Intended for small group Bible studies and use in congregations
- The Bible Factor – A resource for an in-depth seminar which will introduce the biblical documents to adult readers.
- CRUCIFORMED! – Mark’s Story of Jesus and His Disciples in 20 sessions
- Hostility and Hospitality: The Secret of Living in an Unfriendly World – Five Forays into First Peter
- Friendship and Felicity – Five Short Studies in Philippians
- Take a Look Matthew’s Book – Insights and conversation starters for the Gospel according to St. Matthew in 30 sections.
- Free in Faith, Free from Law, Free to Serve – Eight conversations about Galatians
- Personal and Political – Insights and conversation starters from the Gospel according to St. Luke in twenty-five sessions.