If you sense God calling you to something new, these are the steps:
- Tell your bishop you are discerning the possibility of a new call
- Complete your Rostered Minister Profile
- Go to the ELCA Community site to explore openings within the church and review Ministry Site Profiles
- Contact the synod staff where the congregation you are exploring is located. If it is in the Minneapolis Area Synod, contact Karen Ohm, 612-230-3309
- The Synodical Bishop will guide you through the call process in that synod (including letting your current bishop know what you are up to).
- The Minneapolis Area Synod will not necessarily bring the name of every possible candidate to a call committee. (This process varies in other synods.)
It takes courage and vulnerability to engage this process, but our synod staff
is committed to supporting you through every step.