Interim pastors play a vital role in the ministry of congregations — providing congregational care and missional guidance in times of transition.
The interim pastors serving Minneapolis Area Synod congregations are gifted and enthusiastic about their work — and committed to continuously improving their skills. They proudly meet every month for gatherings that provide edification, prayer, and support.
Eight Foundations of Interim Ministry
- To maintain the viability of the congregation
- To bring closure to the previous pastor’s ministry
- To reinforce the ministry of the laity
- To clarify the mission of the congregation
- To address specific and special needs of the congregation
- To provide for a congregation self-study and development of a vision and mission plan
- To strengthen denominational ties
- To prepare the congregation for their next leader
If you are interested in becoming an interim pastor in the Minneapolis Area Synod, please contact Pastor John Hulden, assistant to the bishop.