Supporting Our Youth and Families
Jason, 16, lives in two homes. One week he lives with his mom and younger sister; the other week with his dad and step mom and their baby. Jason’s life is filled with constant change. Everything from figuring out which house his sports equipment is at, trying to manage being the youngest grade in high school, and trying to find a part-time job so he can afford drivers education.
All this is overwhelming for Jason.
In First Third ministries we support our lay and volunteer staff in churches so they can provide a space where Jason feels at home, is reminded often that he is a beloved child of God, can laugh and learn, be with friends, and experience a lively community of faith. This is why First Third ministry leaders are critical to congregational life.
Minneapolis and Saint Paul Area Synods’ CYF Team
Children, Youth, and Family (CYF) Ministry in this synod is led by the Minneapolis Area Synod and Saint Paul Area Synod Children, Youth, & Family Team. The mission of the CYF Team is to support, encourage, enhance, and develop children, youth, and family ministries as they effectively share the good news of Jesus Christ.
The CYF Team exists as a resource for congregations, as well as CYFM workers and volunteers. Whether you are just beginning an intentional CYF ministry, or if your congregation already has a robust program, the CYF Team is here to connect with and support you. This is done throughout the year with a number of events, learning opportunities, and meet-and-greets, as well as being a resource for all things CYF.
Have a question that the resources below can’t answer? One of the CYF Team representatives from this synod can help:
- Kris Bjorke, InterServe Ministries, email@example.com
- Jen Collins, Hosanna Lutheran Church, Forest Lake, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Erdmann, Immanuel, Eden Prairie, email@example.com
- Lonna Field, Augsburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. John Hulden, Minneapolis Area Synod, email@example.com
- Maggie Jones, Normandale Lutheran, Edina, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Luedtke, St. Luke’s, Bloomington, StephanieL@stlukesbloomington.org
- Tim Maybee, Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, Circle Pines, email@example.com
- Jen Rome, Pilgrim Lutheran Church, St. Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Sullivan
- Julie Vagle, Trinity Lutheran, Long Lake, email@example.com